Sprint 19 - London
Date: Thursday 19 September 2019
Venue: Southbank Centre, London
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
We’ve been on the road with our Sprint events this year in Edinburgh, Cardiff, Leeds and Belfast. Now we’re coming to London for our fifth and final event, on 19 September at the Southbank Centre.
Sprint 19 will bring together people working across government to learn more about how digital transformation is improving people's lives.
We’ll be talking about the work GDS and teams across government are doing to solve the hardest problems. We’ll also be looking at where we’re heading next.
09:30am – 10:30am
Networking and registration
10:30am – 12:15pm
Opening address: Alison Pritchard, Interim Director General, Government Digital Service
Ministerial keynote: Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office, The Rt Hon Oliver Dowden CBE MP
Lightning talks: John Manzoni, Chief Executive of the Civil Service and Permanent Secretary for the Cabinet Office, introduces a showcase on digital collaboration across government.
You’ll see how we are making it easier for people to find work, live independent lives and of course of critical importance help citizens and businesses prepare for the UK leaving the European Union.
- Examine a place, by Aleks Bobrowska, Department for Work and Pensions' Data Science Newcastle Hub
- Blue Badge service, by Daniel Fyfield, Department for Transport
- How GOV.UK has worked with departments to prepare for EU Exit, by Lyndsay Baker and Jon Sanger, Government Digital Service
Panel discussion: Strengthening digital partnerships across the UK
- Caron Alexander, Director of Digital Shared Services, Northern Ireland Civil Service
- Colin Cook, Director Digital, Scottish Government
- Caren Fullerton, Chief Digital Officer, Welsh Government
12:15pm - 1:15pm
1:15pm – 2:30pm
Each delegate will be able to attend two sessions of their choice:
- GDS common components
- GovTech Catalyst
- GOV.UK Design System
- Building digital capability
- Diversity and inclusion
- Assessment process: top tips and guidance
2:30pm – 3pm
3pm – 4:30pm
Making government accessible to all
Accessibility is a vital part of transformation. Hear about the improvements it makes to user experience.
GDS and digital government in 2030
The government of 2030 must be trusted, responsive and joined up. To deliver that, we need to consider the barriers that prevent transformation currently and start laying the foundations for the future. Alison Pritchard and senior leaders in GDS will share the future vision of digital in government and how we will get there:
- Identity assurance by Lisa Barrett, Director of Digital Identity
- Data and innovation by Sue Bateman, Deputy Director, Innovation and Policy
- GOV.UK by Jen Allum, Deputy Director, Head of GOV.UK
Registration for the London event is now closed and we're at full capacity. We’ll be live blogging on the day, so make sure you sign up for updates. You can also follow the hashtag #Sprint19 on Twitter.