The social media team at GDS are responsible for several different social media accounts on a variety of platforms.
We’re happy to help you in any way that we can and look forward to seeing your views and feedback. We do however expect our users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them, so we have a short set of house rules:
- You are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share.
- We will remove, in whole or in part, posts which we feel are inappropriate.
- We will report and remove any social media profiles that are set up using GOV.UK imagery, including fonts, without permission.
- We will block and/or report Twitter users who direct tweets at us which we believe are:
- Abusive or obscene
- Graphic, sensitive or offensive imagery
- Deceptive or misleading
- In violation of any intellectual property rights
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Spam (persistent negative and/or abusive tweeting in which the aim is to provoke a response)
Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform.
Responding to users
- We’ll do our best to respond to your enquiries within two working days, but in most cases it will be within a few hours.
- We’ll try to help you, or direct you to people and/or departments who can, wherever possible.
- Our working hours are 9.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday. We’ll deal with enquiries sent outside of this time as soon as possible when working hours resume.
- The @GOVUK twitter account is here to provide information and support for users of the GOV.UK website.
- The @GOVUK Twitter account is not a political account and cannot respond to political tweets.
- We do not respond to tweets of a commercial nature
While we are happy to receive such material, we will not respond as we are governed by strict procurement rules. You can keep up to date on our procurement platform on by visiting the Digital Marketplace blog or by contacting email@example.com.
We reserve the right to modify or change these conditions at any time.
We look forward to hearing from you!